Sunday, June 29, 2008

What a happy birthday!!

Today was a great day! I woke up next to the man of my dreams. Yes we live together and sleep next to each other every night but Xian recently got a "promotion". This means that there was a problem store that was in desperate need of a good manager. It has been chewing managers up and spitting them out for the past 3 years. It is an incredibly busy store with employees that...hhmmm..shall we say...they have been in survival mode instead of really living the values of our company. It has been 3 weeks and Xian has been making good progress...but it means a lot of over time, stress, and WORK. He works from 5am-5pm and I work 4pm-1am. So we never wake up together. So it was a special birthday treat to wake up, open my eyes, and see my beautifully delicious favorite person in the world.

Have you heard of the House of Blues' Gospel Brunch? I went to it for my 13th birthday in New Orleans. Then my friend Julie took Xian and I to the one on Sunset today. It was SO GREAT! I danced, stomped my feet, and clapped my hands and did I mention danced? It was phenomenal! i had sooooo much fun. The energy was intoxicating. I even danced on the stage with the gospel singers because it was my b-day!

Then I went swimming @ Steven and Sarahi's.

Then I went to Stacie and Tim's for a campfire...or rather a backyard fire. It was fabulous just visiting, hanging out, and enjoying each others company. My birthday was spent with great friends and I couldn't ask for anything else.

OKAY OKAY. If I was allowed to be greedy I would want to have seen my friends and family that are in WA, WI, Denver, and Sacramento too...but you get the point:)

6 comments:

Steve said...

Hell yes, the gospel brunch is amazing. I volunteered some event there one time. Really great food and choir.

Erin Leigh said...

Happy late birthday. Sounds like your day was amazing just like you!. I miss you!

Tracy said...

Oh how I wish we could have gone with you!!!

Another time.

The flowers you saw in the picture were in front of our new favorite coffee house. It IS a lovely spot.

And the boys are indeed most angels when they're sleeping. Ain't no doubt about it!

Angela said...

i'm such a bad friend! Happy very late Birthday!!!! I am so glad to hear it was a good one! Hope to see you sometime soon so we can celebrate! :)

Sara Moriarty said...

Where you been? No post in over a month- how am I supposed to keep up with how you are doing? ~Sara

Angela said...

i agree, where are you!?!