Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Update on the leg situation


So the stitches are out and my leg is what it is. I am not happy. Not only do I have a scar from the cut but I have a scar of the 14 holes made by the stitches. Not only do I have a Frankenstein scar on my supple, formerly prestine thigh, the scar has now Keloid. i just learned of that term which represents when the scar rises up . I have been diligent with the upkeep from the moment I came home from the ER. First with Neosporin and later with Maderma, Vitamin E cream and Vitamin E Oil. It is just destined to be ugly at this point. I am hoping that with extensive care it will become less conspicuous and eventually not be so offensive to my sensibilities!:)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Have you tried Bio Oil? I keep hearing about it for scars, and recently read that it works best on new scars. Maybe you could give that a try.

Nadine said...

And try to keep it out of the sun! Not exactly easy now that it is summer and you live in LA... but it will make a difference.