Wednesday, June 11, 2008

SO SORRY! I AM FIRED, I HAVE BEEN NEGLECTFUL!

Okay, so there is no excuse for me not posting for a month. I take my camera with me everywhere and take fun pictures with the best intentions of immediatley sharing them with you all but I have been falling short of that last step. Much has happened in the last month! I did the ADR (additional dialogue recording) for a short film that I shot. It was so much fun. I went into a sound booth @ a recording studio. In the booth there is a tv monitor with the footage running on it and I could hear the original sound. We had to re-record portions where a bus, plane, or train interfered with the clarity. It was fun matching my voice to my image. It is a pretty dark character so I cry a lot in it. I even had to match my sobs! I learned that I cry much the same way every time i cry...breathing and whimpering in the same intervals. Who knew? The film is now finished and I will be receiving my copy soon!

I also had my first garage sale! The first day was slow but Julie and I had quality time to play Eqyptian Rat Screw! I haven't played that game in a while but it all came rushing back to me and it is still TOO much fun. The second day we moved to Xian's parents house which proved to be a much better location! We made over $100 and got rid of a bunch of stuff that we no longer need. I think we need to have another sale soon.

Our new town house is a 3 bdrm 2 bathroom unit with a 2 car garage. THe master bedroom is huge, the second bedroom is large and we use that as an office/guest room, and our friend Julie is renting out the third bedroom. She moved in a month ago and it has been so much fun to have her be a part of our family! JUlie, Xian and I all have such opposite schedules that we really have great fun when we get to see eachother. We cook and eat dinner together, play Rummykub, talk, and watch bad reality TV together. What more could a girl ask for?

I was preparing a stir fry last week and all the ingredients looked so fabulous that I had to take a pic! All the ingredients (except the mushrooms) are from our local farmers market that I go to every Sunday. It tasted every bit as refreshing and fulfilling as it looks!

Our friend Jeff (on the phone) had his eleventh anniversary of his 25th birthday. It was fun to see our friends at his b-day dinner...since buying our place we really haven't been socializing as much as we like. We usually have dinner and game nite every Sunday but we don't have a table yet so... I need to get on that!

I close Starbucks a couple nights a week and I adore my guys on my crew. Dan , on the right, is a screen writer from Jersey and Will is was a financial adviser in vegas but was not happy so now he is going back to school. We deal with all the crazies of LA together.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Those stir fry ngredients look scrumptious! Cracks me up that your friend was celebrating the anniversery of his 25th birthday. Haha! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Oh, and I was in Georgia for my cousin Katie's funeral. Sad trip, but good to see Lori's side of the family. We should chat via phone soon.