Saturday, May 17, 2008

Soccer Tournament


Xian and his soccer team, The LA Jazz, competed in a tournament today held at UC Irvine. They played 3 games and did well enough to then dominate the quarter finals and semi finals. After playing 5 games in 100+ heat they valiantly played the final game but came up a point (or 2) short. Honestly they were just excited to get into a air conditioned cars and go home to their showers and beds! It started @ 8 am so I dropped Xian off and went on an adventure to find a grocery store for some water and snacks. I found a Trader Joes but more importantly I found an amazing farmers market in the parking lot. It was about 4X the size of the one I go to every Sunday. It had musicians playing, fruits, vegetables, baked goods, fresh fish, and arts and crafts! It was great. I bought some fabulous oranges for the guys. It was so nice to get out of the house and just enjoy outside for the day. Since we bought the house all we have been doing has been working on projects. We need to make the time to get out more.

6 comments:

Steve said...

Good for Xian! And I'm loving the bomb biker 'stache.

Unknown said...

Hey Tobi!! Glad you got in touch and are doing well. I am checkin out your blog as we speak.

Sara Moriarty said...

Do you mind if I put a link to your blog on mine? You can do the same if you want... Oh and the last comment from "ker" was really me- I didn't realize that I wasn't using my identity ;-)

Nadine said...

Hey Tobi thanks for checking out our blog! I love sharing with friends and family this way, it really does make you feel close and involved no matter how often you get to see them. I look forward to reading your updates... unless it is more icky owie stuff... that was really gross!
Nades

Steve said...

new post!

Erin Leigh said...

please post more... I miss you!