Friday, October 17, 2008

FINALLY...

...I BOOKED MY VERY FIRST GIG FROM AN AUDITION!!! I moved to LA 4 years ago and enrolled in an acting school where I worked my butt off for 2 years learning how to: reign in my natural energy, use my life experience, live honestly-good bad and ugly, and live truthfully under the given imaginary circumstance. For the past two years I have done student films, short films, starred in a play and done misc. other projects here and there. Since buying our first home 7 months ago I really haven't been putting the time and energy into my career that it deserves and demands. It has been all about getting our home up to par. Well in September I refocused , wrote down my goals, and got to work. I have been movin and shakin. I have been giving my headshot to anyone that will take it, submitting myself for roles, interning at a talent agency, and continuing my personal development as an artist.

As with most industries right now show biz is slow. Many of the agents that I work with are having a hard time finding enough auditions for their existing talent to make a living so they aren't accepting any new talent. Anyways-my mangager got me out on 3 auditions this week. THe first one was odd. It was supposidly at GOLDEN ERA CASTING but it was really in a wierd office @ the Church of Scientology. It was for a commercial to try to get people to convert. The next audition was for Verizon. THe project would be used for in house training and website. The third was for a Web-series...I was sexy Wonder Woman that is icey, manipulative,bitchy, and uses her sexuallity to get her way and kills the bad guys. I just for a call from Jack, my manager, and he told me I BOOKED THE VERIZON GIG!!! It is so exciting! I will post more when I have more info:)

(Mr. Rychlinski-the good luck coin that you gave me totally worked!! Thanks a ton.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

CONGRATS!!

So this Verizon gig... years from now, when you are a big star, this will be video they will show of you on "Before they were stars" shows. :)

Tia Tobi said...

I was thinking the same thing!! I remember when Jennifer Ackein was training for Bath and Body Works and Chris Klein was in her training video! hee hee

Erin Leigh said...

That totally Rocks... You rock! I am so happy for you and proud!!! You have worked so hard and totally deserve this!

Steve said...

Excellent!

Dziadzia said...

I knew you could do it! I am so proud of you and can't wait to give you the congratulation hugs!
Godd things come to those that wait and you have waited. Keep up that desire and more good things will come your way. You are being rewarded for all the good you do in your life so keep being you and you will go far!

Angela said...

i know i am a bit late but i'm so so so happy for you! Congrats on the gig and hopefully you'll be updating us soon! :)