Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What a week!







This week I was a busy girl. On top of my volunteer work, house work, working out, cooking and eating I also had 2 sets of visitors from WA. The Riggs, Ashley, Erin , and Caitlyn were down in San Diego for Ash's business trip so Xian and I jetted (in the Jetta:)) down to spend the day with them. The weather was beautiful and it was SO nice hanging with Erin and Caitlyn during the day. We then picked up Ash and headed to the Gas lamp district, or just the lamp district if you check out Erin's blog:), for dinner and dessert. It was ideal! As we walked back to the car after we said good night Xian shook his head and said that he could only imagine the havoc Erin and I wreaked back in the day. I just smiled as a wave of nostalgia spread over me!

Then on Saturday night John and Diane arrived at LAX for their 48 hour layover in LA on their way home from Mexico. First off, I was shocked that Diane and I had equally tan skin...Oh I mean we had completely oppositely tan skin...she was 60% Intense Cocoa chocolate and I am diluted milk choc...no, make that white chocolate! Over the next 2 days we went to fabulous restaurants, the farmers market, on a hike, on car tours of Beverly Hills & Santa Monica, and discover John and Diane's previously untapped talent for the Nintendo Wii! It was great fun.

I moved away from home long ago and I started completely over 4 years ago when i moved to LA. I knew NOONE! I established new friendships and relationships down here but there is something that is so soothing to your soul to be around people that GET you. They KNOW your past...you don't have to explain why or how you are what you are...they just know. AND they offer insight into your situation based on that deep rich knowledge and understanding. It was a good week!

1 comment:

Erin Leigh said...

Man... the lamp district is equally as cool as the Gas lamp district!!! I miss you already! I had so much fun with you and Xian!